The past year and a half to more frequently, eighth months, I’ve been crafting up a variety of mostly plant-based recipes all built around eating for the purpose of nourishing our bodies while still enjoying the foods we’ve taught ourselves to crave. Such as desserts and relative to this recipe: cookies.
4C COOKIE RECIPE:
Key Ingredients: Chickpeas, Coconut, Chia Seeds, Chocolate
*Please note that consistencies may vary as most do when cooking plant-based due to different products and ingredient lists. In addition, your cook time and oven temperature depends on your oven and ingredients you elect to use!! So be flexible and understand you may have to alter some amounts.
1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut milk (or nut milk of choice)
1tsp baking soda
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp chia seeds
Small handful of unsweetened coconut shreds (adjust to your liking)
Dark chocolate chips and/or cacao chips - (recommend always using dairy free and unsweetened)
Suggested Variations To Recipe:
Below are a few different variations or twists that you can make on these cookies as well:
-Sub tahini or different nut butters instead of peanut butter
- Sub different nut milks instead of coconut milk. My second fav to cook with is cashew milk
- Sub honey or agave instead of vanilla extract
- Nix the chocolate and/or coconut shreds if those aren’t your thing
- Add a handful of GF oats for more of an oatmeal cookie vibe
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin spice to the cookie dough before baking
Enjoy and please share your cooking creations with me on Instagram at @lovingyourownsoul – I would love to see them!